News
balsax.jpgbassbraid.jpgbasscat-logo.jpgbruin.pngfx.jpggarmin.pnghoHfC Logo black.jpgmercury.jpgplit.jpgpowerpole.jpgprofound.JPGwX_logo_black_registered_md.png

shaw_and_paul.jpg

By Craig Lamb - Between them are 718 tournaments and 39 years of competition on the Bassmaster tours. After nearly four decades you might think Paul Elias and Shaw Grigsby are slowing down as they near the end of their careers as full-time pros. Use the age card as excuses to go out late, come in early during practice at the Bassmaster Elite Series.

Not so and not even close.

Without fail the first two boats launched on any given morning of competition belong to Elias, 67 years old, and Grigsby, age 62. Arriving on average 90 minutes before the first boat leaves the dock defines why the two stalwarts of the game remain competitive. 

“What a great sport, one that we can just continue enjoying, while remaining competitive,” said Grigsby, bearing his usual smile, as he sipped a cup of coffee. 

“It’s all I’ve ever known, just part of who I am and always will be,” added Elias, the softer spoken of the two running mates. “I still enjoy it now just as much as when I started.”

That was a long time ago. Elias joined the tour in 1979 and Grigsby came along three years later. Both enjoyed early success, Elias winning the 1982 Bassmaster Classic and both anglers racking up 16 appearances in the world championship. Grigsby has $2.1 million in earnings and Elias has $1.1 million. Any doubt either has backed off the throttle was erased when Elias won an Elite Series event in 2008, or 26 years after his Classic victory. Full Story

Narrow down your mid spring bass water

Experimenting with Fall Bass

Testimonial

Paul, Wanted to drop you a line and again thank you for the great time Lance and I had. The time spent with you on the electronics was amazing,but the real deal was when we put that knowledge and applied it out on the water on Friday.We guessed our best 5 would of been in the 42 lb range, with both of us catching our personal best fish of our lifes.We had 2 over 10 and 1 around 9 from your lake. We are getting ready to start into the Everstart series this year and your class will definitely help us out.

Thanks again, Frank

In Depth Fishing Lessons Click Here

Just a quick email to let you know how much I enjoyed my trip to Pachuta. As an avid angler I found In-Depth Fishing to be a master's level course in the sport of bass fishing.  I learned a great deal and it was fun to apply the lessons while catching lunker bass (see photos).  Lake Eddins is an extraordinary fishery! Click Here

David McLarnon
Natick, MA

Fisherman – What a remarkable opportunity to fish and learn from a legend in bass fishing! Fellow bass fishing enthusiasts my name is Robert Chandler who works as an engineer day to day down in southwest Louisiana and I am just your average weekend angler aspiring to locate and put more fish in the livewell more consistently. Recently, I read an article in the Bassmaster magazine that Paul Elias who when I was a teenager had just started his fishing career Click Here